[CAUT] rebuilder display

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Tue, 22 Feb 2005 18:39:30 EST

Hi Kent
   If memory serves I believe there was a rebuilders  hall of fame in
Maryland  & somewhere else & I was there although  not displayed . There were
displays of custom rebuilt  BB Mason & Hamlins by Shawn Hoar& David Hughes & several
others whom,  I don't recall & I can tell you the buzz & the  interest was
very great on the part of other Technicians in attendance there.
   What I find is there is lots a talk & not  enough show so when the show
happens there is considerable support &  enthusiasm for the guys & there pianos
displayed. It also puts feet  & reality to all the things we spend hundreds of
hours learning. It's huge  Show & tell. & is inspiring to others including
me. Inspiring enough to  challenge the next genreration of guys to step up a see
its' possible.
  My Extreme gratitude & Thanks to Nick Gravagne for  all his writings ,Ken
Hannah for his gracious mentoring, David Hughes for his  collegial sharing,
John Hartman for his treatise on effects of  down  bearing on tone & others who
stepped up for me back when I needed  information & help. Jack Krefting Sally
Jamison now Phillips for teaching  this stuff.  Thanks to so many other
guys/gals
  A picture's worth a thousand words & so it is in  this case as well.
 Yes I think there is interest.!
  Dale Erwin

ale and  all,

How much interest do you think there might  be?

Kent

Erwins Pianos  Restorations
4721 Parker Rd.
Modesto, Ca 95357
209-577-8397
Rebuilt  Steinway , Mason &Hamlin  Sales
www.Erwinspiano.com