[CAUT] SD-10 duplex question

Roger Jolly roger.j@sasktel.net
Thu, 17 Feb 2005 09:35:46 -0600

>Apologies.  I thought of another question after I hit send.
>
>So, if this segment is unmuted by design, why did Baldwin increase the
>thickness of this felt to obviously dampen the segment in later models of
>the SF?
>
>Jeff

Hi Jeff,
                  On the design side, the original was the way Harold
wanted it.   Customer and Tech feed back prompted the change.
The condition of the hammers and the way strings and hammers are fitted,
will have a huge effect on how this system sounds.
To work well, the hammer needs to be a bit softer and more flexible in the
shoulder.   To be quite honest, I have no problems working with this system.

Regards Roger