question again. was Re: [CAUT] rubbing back checks.

Ed Sutton ed440@mindspring.com
Tue, 15 Feb 2005 16:01:15 -0500

Wim-
I would check to see how tight the pins are in the rail.  Perhaps they are not bending, but are turning.
ES

To: caut@ptg.org
Sent: 2/15/2005 3:24:17 PM
Subject: question again. was Re: [CAUT] rubbing back checks.

In a message dated 2/15/05 2:00:33 P.M. Central Standard Time, Wimblees@aol.com writes:
My question to you guys is this. Have any of you experienced this, and what solution do you have? This is a 45 year old D, with the original action.

I guess I need  to ask the question in a different way. The problem is that the balance rail pins are bending over. This is not only causing the back checks to rub together, but also the buttons are very close to each other, and at the front of the keys, the black keys not are not centered between the white keys.

The pianist says he is not playing glissandos. Never mind that I need to improve my communication skills, or that I shouldn't have even mentioned this to him in the first place. That has nothing to do with it.

What I want to know is, have any of you ever had this problem, and how did you solve it, other than going in there and correcting it, without saying anything to the piano player. (the keys were rebushed this summer, btw, and are still in good shape).

Wim