[CAUT] Practice Room Benches

Porritt, David dporritt@mail.smu.edu
Tue, 15 Feb 2005 11:09:48 -0600

If memory serves (and it frequently does not) it was Newton Hunt who
built the boxes.  Unfortunately he's no longer with us.  There might be
some stuff in the archives but it would probably be back a few years.
Maybe someone else remembers more details.  The only other thing I
remember his saying was that he painted them ugly colors so no one would
be tempted to take them.

=20

dave

=20

David M. Porritt

dporritt@smu.edu

________________________________

From: caut-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf Of
Ken Zahringer
Sent: Tuesday, February 15, 2005 9:03 AM
To: College and University Technicians
Subject: [CAUT] Practice Room Benches

=20

A couple of months back, someone talked about having built oblong boxes
for practice room piano benches.  They were something like 17X19X21
inches so they could be rotated to different heights.  I'm thinking of
doing a similar thing here, and our Director wants some more information
on design & usage experience.  Would whoever that was please contact me
so I can pick your brain?

Thanks,
Ken Z.
--=20