[CAUT] Steinway Style II Grand

Wigent, Donald E WIGENTD@MAIL.ECU.EDU
Mon, 14 Feb 2005 08:42:35 -0500

Hi Marry, it is always good to hear from you.  I think that you are on
the right track.  I bet that that piano is quite a neet old box.  I
would like to see it. Take care: Don Wigent       =20

=20

  _____ =20

From: caut-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf Of
Mary Smith
Sent: Sunday, February 13, 2005 5:36 PM
To: College and University Technicians
Subject: Re: [CAUT] Steinway Style II Grand

=20

Hi,

Just a different thought. This piano probably does have historic value,
as is. Someone like Edwin Goode might be able to help you determine if
it is in your client's best interest to have it restored to be
historically accurate. I think it would be a mistake to "rebuild" a
piano like this, hoping to make it like a modern piano. If your customer
wants a modern piano to play, they should invest $$$ in a different
instrument, NOT this one. This one should be restored/preserved in
playing condition in as historically accurate a way as possible, or left
alone. Check the internet for historical instrument mavens, etc.=20

Mary Smith

----- Original Message -----=20