[CAUT] Steinway Style II Grand

Tim Coates tcoates1@sio.midco.net
Fri, 11 Feb 2005 21:04:59 -0600

Ed,

As one who has worked on both original and "modernized" instruments at=20=

the "National Music Museum" (formerly the Shrine to Music Museum), I=20
agree with your statements wholeheartedly.  John Koster can tell you=20
stories of instruments being donated to the museum that were=20
"modernized".  They are worthless as instruments modern or original. =20
They are neither.  Yes, they are freaks.

The fully restored and functional keyboard instruments at  our museum=20
on the University of South Dakota campus are played by accomplished=20
keyboardists worldwide.  They wouldn't travel here  to play=20
"modernized" instruments from the early ages of the keyboard.

Tim Coates
University of South Dakota
University of Sioux Falls

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...