[CAUT] Pitchlock for v-bar duplex noise - was "D" with a ghost

FRAN TANGUAY PIANO DOCTOR ftanguay@sbcglobal.net
Wed, 2 Feb 2005 12:00:59 -0800 (PST)

Hi John

I have used pitch lock with great results.be sure to follow the directions that come with it.There is no change in tone.

Don <pianotuna@accesscomm.ca> wrote:
Hi John,

A single tiny drop of glue in the middle of the string is all that is
required. I don't think that unless it were pointed out that anyone but
another *very* careful technician would see it.

At 12:38 PM 02/02/2005 -0600, you wrote:
>How many have tried using Pitchlock couplers to reduce v-bar duplex
>noise? What are the results? I have not tried it, but know that muting
>the strings off with felt has an adverse effect on the tone.
>
>It has been suggested in the past that a drop of glue on this portion of
>the string will change the mass of the string just enough to correct the
>problem. I've had success with this, but I sure don't like to show
>anyone the messy appearance.
>
>John Baird

mailto:pianotuna@accesscomm.ca http://us.geocities.com/drpt1948/

3004 Grant Rd. REGINA, SK, S4S 5G7