[CAUT] Pitchlock for v-bar duplex noise - was "D" with a ghost

John Baird jbairdrpt@insightbb.com
Wed, 02 Feb 2005 12:38:32 -0600

How many have tried using Pitchlock couplers to reduce v-bar duplex
noise? What are the results? I have not tried it, but know that muting
the strings off with felt has an adverse effect on the tone.

It has been suggested in the past that a drop of glue on this portion of
the string will change the mass of the string just enough to correct the
problem. I've had success with this, but I sure don't like to show
anyone the messy appearance.

John Baird
Decatur, Illinois