[CAUT] [Files] Re: Nossaman D

Porritt, David dporritt@mail.smu.edu
Wed, 24 Aug 2005 13:45:28 -0500

--- big snip ---

-----Original Message-----

> Just curious as to why, and why you installed the (er, Baldwin-esque)

> roll pins.  Seems like they are the source of a lot of very unmusical

> noise on the Baldwins, but maybe that's just my perception.

I like the long back scale and pivoting hitch termination that lets
the board move easier. The noise produced by long untuned back
lengths bothers some, and not others. I'm one of the nots. I'm of a
mind that most tuned rear duplexes are too short to be of much value
at best.

Ron N

Any back scale lengths that make untoward sounds are easily muted with
string braid or felt.  If they become a problem it is certainly easy to
solve.

dave