[CAUT] yamaha loan program

John Minor jminor@uiuc.edu
Tue, 16 Aug 2005 15:32:33 -0500

We've had the Yamaha loan program at the University of
Illinois for the past 8 or 9 years. This year the local
dealer is charging  fees for shipping expenses at: $350 for
a Grand Piano, $200 for a Vertical Acoustic Piano, $150 for
a CVP Clavinova, and $125 for a CLP Clavinova.  The total is
about $3000 for the year! We almost declined the loaners
this year. The department director will evaluate the program
for next year. He *may* even ask me for my input, but then
again he may NOT!

John Minor
University of Illinois

PS. We are 1 1/2 weeks away from the start of the school
year and no pianos yet!