The Curse of Gab (was: [CAUT] I am a genius)

Susan Kline skline@peak.org
Mon, 15 Aug 2005 21:32:34 -0700

At 07:26 PM 8/15/2005 -0700, you wrote:
>Oh gosh, I can't resist jumping in here. I have often noticed how lonely
>people seem to be, particularly when I have been in their home for 1-2
>hours. They seem to ened someone to talk to. So, if I possibly can, I
>listen. But I agree, one must set one's boundaries and stick to them. It's
>part of my life's mission, I guess, quite apart from my professional
>mission, to be kind when I can...

Hi, Mary

I've thought that as I get older, I will be less worried over my
"boundaries" and how many jobs I can get through, and just allow myself to
blow off some time chatting with my customers, some of whom are very
interesting people, especially the older ones. Well, I do that already,
only now I sometimes feel guilty about the "wasted time", though I feel
less guilty with every passing year.

At some point, I think it gets reasonable to ask what we're saving all this
time FOR?

Susan