[CAUT] Titebond Molding & Trim Wood Glue

Porritt, David dporritt@mail.smu.edu
Fri, 12 Aug 2005 09:23:59 -0500

Someone mentioned this glue a couple of weeks ago saying it was good for
gluing on upright hammers.  It's not the easiest glue to find but there
is a store in Dallas that carries it.  I got some yesterday and glued
some sample grand hammers on shanks.  I put some on with a fairly tight
fit, and another with a pretty loose fit on the shank.  I just removed a
couple of the hammer heads, and have just re-glued a looser fitting
hammer. =20

=20

The glue is somewhat more gel like than some.  It flows easily but
doesn't run or drip.  It also sets up hard but not brittle. =20

=20

So far I like what I see.  Has anyone used this on grand hammers? =20

=20

dave

=20

David M. Porritt, RPT