[CAUT] tuning pin question

John Minor jminor@uiuc.edu
Mon, 1 Aug 2005 09:58:50 -0500

I just ordered what were advertised as nickel plated pins
from International Piano Supply--when they arrived they
appeared to be chrome plated (bluish hue).  When I
called them, I was told that they were in fact chrome
plated, but that chrome was better because it wouldn't
rust.  (I didn't realize the nickel ones have been rusting.)  I
don't like how they look actually, but maybe it's just
because I'm used to nickel plating. They are only $47.  Any
thoughts on this?

John Minor
University of Illinois