[CAUT] Harpsichord stringing question

stephen kabat s.kabat@csuohio.edu
Thu, 21 Apr 2005 16:18:40 -0400

Jeff - Do you mean Zuckermann and not Zimmerman?  If it is a Zuckermann, go
to their website or call them, and they should be able to give you the
scaling specs for whatever model he's got.
Steve Kabat

-----Original Message-----
From: caut-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf Of Jeff
Olson
Sent: Thursday, April 21, 2005 3:52 PM
To: College and University Technicians
Subject: [CAUT] Harpsichord stringing question

I have a customer with a harpsichord who keeps breaking strings (some he's
replaced, perhaps with the wrong gauge), and wants to know how he can
determine what the right gauge is for particular notes.

I really don't work on harpsichords (other than a couple of tunings and some

minor repair over the years), so I'm not sure how to locate the correct
scale for his Zimmerman. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

JeffO