[CAUT] A=440?

J Kemple mrkemple@hotmail.com
Thu, 21 Apr 2005 14:21:14 -0500

I tuned & lived in Norway for 2 years.  After about a month of tuning for a
music store, I started getting questioned about why my tunings sounded
wierd.  Further discussion turned up that my forks were at 440.   They
couldn't believe it.  The store included employees from France, Scotland,
Norway & Poland.  None of them had ever heard of "International Standard
Pitch" (they were used to 442 or 444) and jested that, as usual,
"International" meant "American".  I replaced my fork with a 442, and all
was well after that.