[CAUT] more on notching

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco@luther.edu
Thu, 21 Apr 2005 12:44:52 -0500

At 12:30 4/21/2005, you wrote:
>Tim,
>
>How do you make thicker fronts and keyslip not touch when the tolerance
>is so small anyway?
>
>Jim Busby BYU

Thanks for asking for me. Perhaps they are assuming that the fronts have
been removed as a matter of course.

I had to deal with a "recovered" S&S where the fronts had _not_ been
removed and the result was a broken keyslip. This was  due to the shims
which were placed between cheek and slip to give some clearance.  The
screws which go into those slots had not been commensurately backed out and
when the slip was jammed down.......
Grrrrrr

Conrad Hoffsommer - Keyboard Technician
1-(563)-387-1204 // Fax 1-(563)-387-1076

- Right now, I'm hoping to live until my age matches my golf score,
- Until then, I'll have to be content to have my IQ match my handicap.