[CAUT] Re: virus

Andrew Rudoff andy@rudoff.com
Thu, 21 Apr 2005 09:55:01 -0600

Since the list software stops any posts which contain executable
attachments, we have not had a virus post on pianotech or caut in
many years.  If you are receiving virus posts from either of those
lists, the best thing to do is find the post in the archives on
ptg.org and then notify admin@ptg.org so we can address the issue.
If you cannot find the post in the archives, then it did not come
through the PTG server (regardless of what the From line on the message
says -- mail headers can be set to anything and viruses commonly
forge the headers to random addresses found on an infected machine).

If you have a specific message you want us to look at, please forward
it to admin@ptg.org (NOT to the pianotech or caut lists).

-andy