[CAUT] A-440 again

Don pianotuna@yahoo.com
Thu, 21 Apr 2005 07:41:26

Hi Wim,

In David's case the piano is sometimes moved down in pitch 35 cents in a
single tuning session. He is not paid for pitch correction. That, imho, is
abuse of both the piano and the tuner.

To paraphraze someone else on the list "you are only as good as your last
tuning in concert situations", therefore David's good name is also "on the
line" every time he does a concert tuning.

At 09:04 AM 4/21/2005 EDT, you wrote:
>    In a message dated 4/21/2005 1:04:31 A.M. Central Standard Time,
>pianotuna@yahoo.com writes: Interesting that the article in the recent
>journal specifies that even    a 2
>cent pitch correction is too much to do without some form    of
>overcompensation. I'd photocopy it and send it to them, and I'd stop
giving
>them "the deal of the century" on their tunings. You are being    abused, and
>your good name is at risk on every one of these tunings.
>
>  What we charge is entirely up to us. If one of us feels that not charging
> for a pitch raise, or giving some other kind of discount, doesn't
>necessarily  mean we are being abused, much less risking our good name.
>Sometimes we do these  things to keep a nice job, or just because we think
>it will help in the long  run.        Had I demanded full pay for the D
>once a month, I would not have  gotten the job. In other words, I am giving
>something up in return for more  work. It's a nice gig which gives me a
>little extra income once a month. Not  only do I tune for that church, but
>often times I will schedule other customers  on the same day, for full pay.
>   Wim  No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.

mailto:pianotuna@yahoo.com	http://us.geocities.com/drpt1948/

3004 Grant Rd. REGINA, SK, S4S 5G7
306-352-3620 or 1-888-29t-uner