[CAUT] A-440 again

Don pianotuna@yahoo.com
Thu, 21 Apr 2005 00:04:01

Hi David,

With the bottom cover in place the piano is just as visually attractive as
a piano without one--in fact I personally believe it is more esthetically
pleasing.

Interesting that the article in the recent journal specifies that even a 2
cent pitch correction is too much to do without some form of
overcompensation. I'd photocopy it and send it to them, and I'd stop giving
them "the deal of the century" on their tunings. You are being abused, and
your good name is at risk on every one of these tunings.

At 11:57 PM 4/20/2005 -0500, you wrote:
>"Poverty" is probably a factor in how often the piano is not tuned.  The
>reason for not installing a climate control system (as far as I can tell),
>is that it would be visible underneath the piano and would detract from
>performances.
>
>I am not charging anything for pitch corrections unless it is more than 15
>cents.  I have no contract or job description, and so I am abiding by an
>oral agreement to tune at a set price that I made some years ago.
>David

mailto:pianotuna@yahoo.com	http://us.geocities.com/drpt1948/

3004 Grant Rd. REGINA, SK, S4S 5G7
306-352-3620 or 1-888-29t-uner