[CAUT] new S&S A

Greg Granoff gjg2@humboldt.edu
Mon, 18 Apr 2005 09:43:55 -0700

List,=20
Any of you seen the brochure Steinway is sending out to universities =
about the re-introduction of the 6' 2" model A?
We've had a big laugh in the shop because the included article by Stuart =
Isacoff from Piano Today talking about the history of the model 'A' and =
it's various size incarnations states: "The Model "A" Parlor Grand was =
designed by C. F. Theodore Steinway in the late 1870s as a small =
instrument (it was originally only 6" [sic] in length) capable of =
producing the power and tone of larger grands".  Isacoff goes on to =
quote S&S telling its dealers this new instrument "embodied the greatest =
progress ever achieved in the art of piano making.".   Indeed!  I bet it =
looked kind of funny though....

Greg