[CAUT] Harpsichord questions (long)

Robert A. Murphy robert.murphy@oberlin.edu
Sun, 17 Apr 2005 17:06:58 -0400

Hi David,

I think you will find Ed Kotticks's book, The Harpsichord Owner's Guide =20=

(1987. U.of North Carolina Press) a very helpful resource for ALL your =20=

harpsichord questions.  He is very thorough on regulation methods and =20=

sequence.

For now, my advice would be to not ease another bushing before you =20
"Flitz" all key pins with a cotton rag and then McLube both sets of =20
pins.  This will very likely correct most of your bushing problems.  To =20=

go after the bushing without doing this first, can result in "clicking" =20=

keys due to overly enlarged bushings - and they STILL may be sluggish, =20=

even then.

All best,
Robert
------------------------------------------------------------------------=20=

---------------------------
Robert A. Murphy
Piano Technician & Curator of Fortepianos
Oberlin Conservatory of Music
cell:    517.285.3269
shop:  440.775.8275

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...