[CAUT] CA for loose pins on a "D"?

Don pianotuna@yahoo.com
Sat, 16 Apr 2005 22:07:40 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Susan,

I find that unless humidity is controlled that CA glue
does eventually fail. But then you know how harsh our
weather is in Regina. If it is controlled the Ca seems
to last forever. I've only had one failure on *one*
pin. it was A0 on a Steinway.

I tend to let out of town clients "do their own"
pianos for CA. One lady misunderstood and used 12
ounces on her piano. It was--just fine!

>I've never known pins which firmed up from CA to need

>anything more past the second treatment. Has anyone
else
>found that they loosen again later on? If they are
not
>loose, and any new ones which loosen can be treated
>with CA, why replace the pinblock?

3004 Grant Rd, Regina, SK, S4S 5G7

http://us.geocities.com/drpt1948/