[CAUT] Replacing plastic flange on spinet wippen

Jim Busby jim_busby@byu.edu
Fri, 15 Apr 2005 11:23:48 -0600

Hi Lawrence,

=20

This is when I give them a referral to another technician... (one I
don't really care for)

=20

JB

=20

________________________________

From: caut-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf Of
Becker, Lawrence (beckerlr)
Sent: Friday, April 15, 2005 6:30 AM
To: 'College and University Technicians'
Subject: RE: [CAUT] Replacing plastic flange on spinet wippen

=20

Wippen, not elbow!  How did you?

=20

When encountering this on spinets, I have just condemned the pianos.  On
a M&H console, I bid (oh, way too little) to replace hammer flanges,
entire wippens, and entire damper flanges, including bending the damper
wires.  Do this on a fine spring day when you're aching to be outside,
and you can achieve masochism nirvana.

=20

Lawrence Becker, RPT

Piano Technician