[CAUT] Replacing plastic flange on spinet wippen

David Ilvedson ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Thu, 14 Apr 2005 22:26:35 -0700

The best technique in this instance is not to do the work or to=
 bid to replace all the plastic parts but there will be a lot of=
 regulation when done...this is not a win-win situation.

David I.

Original message
From: Jeff Olson
To: College and University Technicians
Subject: [CAUT] Replacing plastic flange on spinet wippen

I encountered an "interesting" (as in Chinese curse) repair the=
 other day -- replacing a shattered plastic wippen on a Lester=
 "plasticized" spinet.  Didn't want to remove the action, since=
 that promised to shatter more of those wonderful plastic=
 flanges, plus be ridiculously time-consuming (I'd ask how much=
 you all would charge to remove a spinet action and repair this=
 one flange -- along with the others that would likely break --=
 but I wouldn't want to risk offending the antitrust gods yet=
 again:-).

Anyhow, to make a long story short, though no less painful, I=
 finally managed to replace the **($$#@! flange.  I won't=
 describe my methods; rather, I'm hoping to hear from anyone here=
 what techniques, magical or scientific or otherwise, they might=
 employ toward this end.

Best,

Jeff O