[CAUT] Fwd: Chihuly Steinway

Jim Busby jim_busby@byu.edu
Thu, 14 Apr 2005 20:06:19 -0600

Good one Jeff!

=20

While I was there one of the light monkeys was changing something about
15 feet directly above it on a rickety ladder perched against a rafter -
tools, bolts, etc. precariously sticking out of his pockets all over the
place. I told him "do you realize that the piano below you is worth
about 3690K?" and he just smiled and juggled a few in the air while
laughing. I didn't really pray for something to fall, but I'll have to
admit, my evil side kinda wanted to see what would happen!

=20

Cheers,

Jim

=20

________________________________

From: caut-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf Of
Jeff Olson
Sent: Thursday, April 14, 2005 6:39 PM
To: College and University Technicians
Subject: Re: [CAUT] Fwd: Chihuly Steinway

=20

Jim B.:

=20

"There are "windows" (for lack of a better term) with glass. So the lid
is not solid structurally, but still heavy. I think one lid prop could
flex the lid and if someone leaned on it they would break all that
glass..."

=20

My God, how bizarre.  I'm thinking of that Peter Sellers'  Detective
Clousseau movie -- Pink Panther Strikes Again, I believe -- where he
accidentally destroys a Steinway grand.  The horrified owners cries:
"But sir, that was a priceless Steinway!" =20

=20

CLousseau replies, in his classicaly dismissive tones: "Not anymore."

=20

Best,

=20

JeffO