[CAUT] Re: Chihuli Steinway

Fred Sturm fssturm@unm.edu
Wed, 13 Apr 2005 18:24:16 -0600

On 4/13/05 2:56 PM, "Alan McCoy" <amccoy@mail.ewu.edu> wrote:

> I see that this isn't a whimsical bunch, but I hope you folks get a chance
> to see more of his work. The Chihuli museum in Tacoma is pure delight.
>
> Alan
I haven't been to the Tacoma museum, but we had a BIG exhibit of Chihuly
glass at the Albuquerque Museum maybe five years back, and it was
astoundingly beautiful and memorable. There are permanent
collections/displays of some of his works in various places including the
Spencer Theater near Ruidoso, NM. No question in my mind, the guy's a
genius, definitely in the ranks of my favorite artists. Not sure he should
have taken on the piano <g>, though it does have a certain "je ne sais quoi"
about it.
Regards,
Fred Sturm
University of New Mexico