[CAUT] A-395

Wed, 29 Sep 2004 09:54:54 -0500

Avery,

At 09:17 9/29/2004 -0500, you wrote:
>Conrad,
>
>>Probably dumb question, but...
>>Couldn't you just set "A"  >_sharp_< 1.3 cents and pretend B is an A?
>
>Wouldn't that mean the player has to transpose?

For correct tonality in an unequal temp, right.

>>Equal temp, didn't you say?
>
>Don't think I did, but no. It'll probably be in a Prinz WT.

This is where I think I would fall back to low tech.  I have one of those
octave sets of forks. I'd pull out the A#, tune the C to it and tune by ear
whatever temperament recipe was needed. The 1.3¢ would get swallowed up by
temp/humidity changes on stage while you are tuning it.

Conrad Hoffsommer, RPT, MPT, CCT, PFP, ACS, CRS.
Decorah, IA

- Certified Calibration Technician for Bio-powered Digitally Activated
Lever Action Tone Generation Systems.
- Pianotech Flamesuit Purveyor
- American Curmudgeon Society - Apprentice Member and Founder