[CAUT] Rhodes

Alan McCoy amccoy@mail.ewu.edu
Tue, 28 Sep 2004 13:22:18 -0700

Hi folks,

I am reconditioning our Fender Rhodes.

Had to dust off the old bellbottoms and platform shoes....

I have looked over the manual that I haven't looked at in 20 years and
nowhere does it mention anything about how loose/tight the hammer pinning
should be. These hammers are consistently wiggly, loosy goosy. I'm thinking
they should be a tad tighter. Anyone have  thoughts and experience with
these polyester-friendly beasts?

Also the beast is missing all four legs. Anyone out there have a set of four
legs that need to be reunited with our friendly Rhodes beast? Will pay for
legs.

Thanks.

Alan "Lurkster" McCoy

-- Alan McCoy, RPT