[CAUT] Agraffe noise

A440A@aol.com A440A@aol.com
Tue, 14 Sep 2004 12:17:33 EDT

In a message dated 9/14/04 9:35:17 AM, Wimblees@aol.com writes:

<< By giving the string a rap straight  downwards, it snaps back upwards on
its
own elasticity, hitting the top of  the string hole in the agraffe.  This
seems
to often seat the string  in the agraffe.  I don't know exactly how or why it
works so often,  but I have successfully removed agraffe sizzles with this
procedure for  years.

Wim asks:

>> How did you discover this unique 'repair? >>

     I was desperate.  There was a recording session in progress, this was a
note that had to be played, and Porter Wagner told me to do whatever I had to
do to make the piano work, "rat now, Ed".
  That was around 1978, or so.  Been banging on them, ever since.
Regards,

Ed Foote RPT