[CAUT] Agraffe noise

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Tue, 14 Sep 2004 10:34:53 EDT

In a message dated 9/13/04 7:14:20 PM Central Daylight Time, A440A@aol.com
writes:

Wim  asks:
<<
I don't quite understand what you are accomplishing by  "hammering" the
string into a new position. Could you explain  further, please. >>

By giving the string a rap straight  downwards, it snaps back upwards on its
own elasticity, hitting the top of  the string hole in the agraffe.  This
seems
to often seat the string  in the agraffe.  I don't know exactly how or why it
works so often,  but I have successfully removed agraffe sizzles with this
procedure for  years.

Ed Foote RPT

Ed

Thanks for the tip. How did you discover this unique 'repair?

Wim