[CAUT] Wippen Bolstering darning needle

Fred Sturm fssturm@unm.edu
Fri, 10 Sep 2004 09:36:24 -0600

	There is also a needle that I think is intended for leather work, which
grips the material rather than having a slot the material is threaded
through. The needle is kind of like a two part leaf spring: you spread the
back portion to insert the material, and there is a small spike that grabs
it. That description isn't a real good one, but maybe it's
semi-intelligible. It's been many years since I bought a couple, so I don't
remember the source. Probably Tandy Leather.
	I think hardening the end of the felt with a glue is probably the best
solution, though.
Regards,
Fred Sturm
University of New Mexico

--On Thursday, September 9, 2004 4:58 PM +0000 Don