[CAUT] re: Piano Movers and Shakers

Jeff Olson jlolson@cal.net
Sun, 28 Nov 2004 16:22:12 -0800

Hi,

On the subject of dollies, jacks, and so forth, I've been wondering =
about a jack system that could lift one end of an upright piano -- =
perhaps to replace casters or even to place a dolly underneath.  I think =
it would be a useful tool, but have never seen any device that could do =
this (I've even contemplated designing and building something for that =
purpose myself -- personally, I'm tiring of lifting several hundred =
pound pianos, and have had trouble finding anyone who's willing to do =
that consistently).

Has anyone here ever seen or heard of such a device?

Best,

Jeff