[CAUT] Damp chaser table

Jim Busby jim_busby@byu.edu
Tue, 23 Nov 2004 15:02:44 -0700

------_=_NextPart_002_01C4D1A8.28D24F35
=20
List,
=20
We're installing a dampchaser on a new table that slides under a
harpsichord. (A photo is attached of the unit. It comes from Dampchaser)
Has anyone done this? It seems to be the only way to "install" a
dampchaser without being invasive.
=20
Also, this harpsichord is closed in on the bottom, unlike the others we
have. IOW, the soundboard isn't seen from the bottom, but is enclosed
with a wood panel being on the very bottom. Will this work w/o being
next to the actual soundboard?
=20
FYI, the room it's in is a large organ room and the RH changes so much
that the harpsichord's pitch varies on any given day by 0 -15 cents.
Hence the need for humidity control. The professor teaches many
harpsichord students and needs the beast to stay in tune. Quite frankly,
I'm not fond of tuning it so often. I suggested a room humidifier, (or
even a large aquarium...) but we opted to try this.
=20
Anyone ideas would be greatly appreciated.=20
=20
Thanks,
Jim Busby BYU

------_=_NextPart_002_01C4D1A8.28D24F35