[CAUT] Cleaning Grand Covers

Ed Sutton ed440@mindspring.com
Thu, 18 Nov 2004 19:16:33 -0500

Susan-
Aren't the rails just screwed onto the piano?  I seem to recall removing some some time back.
Ed Sutton

Now, a question -- their SD-10 now gets to leave its lid in its own room, and gets to share the stage with the new D for two piano concerts. It has two rails along the straight side, no doubt for protecting the lid when it has to be tilted for moving. They are offended by the sight of these rails. It's not likely to be moved on its side in the foreseeable future. Shall I try to get them to just let me sand and repaint the rails to make them look better (which will probably not be enough cosmetic improvement to satisfy them), or would it be reasonable to rout them down so they aren't as apparent onstage? They've been there all along, of course, but the piano has never turned that side to the audience till now.

Susan Kline