[CAUT] back duplex

Ron Nossaman rnossaman@cox.net
Thu, 18 Nov 2004 16:36:28 -0600

>Thanks Ron,
>Isn't the plate just too low or aliquot too low?  There was crown and
>bearing, just not enough on the aliquot.

Lance,
How much crown? How much bearing? I typically see a fair bearing angle
across aliquots. With no bearing on the aliquot, what must the bearing on
the bridge be if the plate is that low or the aliquot that short? That
would concern me. That's why I wondered what the bearing at the bridge
actually was. Otherwise, we're just guessing. Incidentally, what kept the
aliquot in place?

>I imagine that shimming the
>aliquot and controlling humidity would have been the easiest fix.

Probably, or moving the aliquot back, leaving a decent bearing on both the
aliquot and the bridge, assuming that would be possible. Yea, I know, it
changes the tuning on the duplex, but a couple of measurements would have
indicated if it was already in the "right" place or not.

Not enough information to diagnose, but the other tech doesn't seem too
concerned. Ah well, another day in the trenches.

Ron N