[CAUT] back duplex

Ron Nossaman rnossaman@cox.net
Thu, 18 Nov 2004 13:41:44 -0600

>I would be interested knowing if aliquot placement has a bearing on
>bearing and therefore on this problem.  It seems to me that moving
>aliquots closer or farther away from the bridge not only affects the pitch
>of the duplex part of the string, but has some affect on
>downbearing.  I've never done any research on this, but perhaps someone
>has and could shed some light on the aliquot/downbearing relationship.
>
>Richard West

Richard,
In this case, with the string seated at the base of the hitch pin, and
barely touching the top of the aliquot somewhere between the bridge and the
hitch, the plate surface where the aliquot sits isn't parallel to the
duplex segment, so moving the aliquot back will increase bearing on the
aliquot and decrease overall bearing on the bridge. This is one of the
reasons I asked about the bearing angle across the bridge.

Ron N