[CAUT] Internet resources for the self-educating pianotechnician

Ed Sutton ed440@mindspring.com
Mon, 15 Nov 2004 04:52:29 -0500

Don-
Well, that's what it's like in cyberspace.
Search "Alexander Galembo" to get enough to keep your head spinning for a
few weeks, including references to this paper, but the paper is evaporated.
It is an investigation of how performers perceive tone of pianos. Roughly,
given three pianos which performers considered "different," they could not
differentiate very well by sound alone, but were very accurate in
differentiating during blindfold playing.  The "touch" of the piano has a
strong influence in how the performer experiences the "tone."
I believe Del Fandrich is translating his book.
Ed S.

http://www.engineeringandmusic.de/individu/galealex/gaalproc.html