McLube on keybeds (Was Re: [CAUT] Teaching Piano Tuning)

Wolfley, Eric (wolfleel) WOLFLEEL@UCMAIL.UC.EDU
Sat, 13 Nov 2004 18:11:40 -0500

Well, I usually wear dark pants so the Teflon powder really gets me! I've
always lubricated those parts but honestly cannot recall once in the last 26
years that a squeak originated from the keybed or glidebolts. It's always
somewhere else...sluggishness is almost always from the hold-downs being too
tight.

Eric Wolfley

Head Piano Technician

College-Conservatory of Music