[CAUT] Re: Steinway Damper sytem upgrade & redesign

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Mon, 8 Nov 2004 10:02:01 EST

In a message dated 11/8/2004 6:47:46 AM Pacific Standard Time,
marysmith@mail.utexas.edu writes:

Dale,

Though I missed your "dreaded" OT posts (oops, must have  hit that delete key
too soon!), I'm glad I took a moment to read this message  about damper
systems. Excellent advice. The capstan installation under each  underlever is new
to me. How long would you say this takes? It sounds like a  super upgrade - I
hate feeling inadequate because I can't regulate  milli-micron amounts of
change under the pinblock without looking by turning  those dadburned screws, etc,
etc... Thanks for putting all those ideas  together in one place!

Mary

Mary
  I was surprised that it took relatively little time. Remember I did  make
one pass on the table saw for a relief cut Took 5 minutes.Marking  & drilling
holes about 30 minutes. Tapping in was about 30 minutes. Cost of  parts was
nominal.
 Oh come on, Are you sure you don't need another OT?
  Dale