[CAUT] Re: Steinway Damper sytem upgrade & redesign

Mary Smith marysmith@mail.utexas.edu
Mon, 08 Nov 2004 07:00:02 -0600

At 04:38 PM 11/7/2004 -0500, you wrote:
>In a message dated 11/7/2004 10:06:39 AM Pacific Standard Time,
>Erwinspiano writes:
>List.
>   I thought I'd share some more piano related stuff to clean out any
> potential political residue lefet over in anyones palate from last week
> as my penance for irritating some with My uncharacteristic share of
> dreaded political OTs post.

Dale,

Though I missed your "dreaded" OT posts (oops, must have hit that delete
key too soon!), I'm glad I took a moment to read this message about damper
systems. Excellent advice. The capstan installation under each underlever
is new to me. How long would you say this takes? It sounds like a super
upgrade - I hate feeling inadequate because I can't regulate milli-micron
amounts of change under the pinblock without looking by turning those
dadburned screws, etc, etc... Thanks for putting all those ideas together
in one place!

Mary