[CAUT] teaching piano tuning

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Fri, 5 Nov 2004 09:17:07 EST

In a message dated 11/5/2004 7:11:50 AM Central Standard Time,
hoffsoco@martin.luther.edu writes:

I like  that idea, but would come real close to, or give the appearance of,
the  PTG endorsing or accrediting the program.  This accreditation thing has
been bandied about in the past, but as I recall, the PTG as an  organisation
is not willing or (more importantly) not able to be an  accrediting agency.

Good point, Conrad. I don't think it is the accreditation problem as  much as
it is forcing someone to join the PTG in order to graduate. In order to  take
the RPT exams, the tuner must belong to the PTG. Therefore, a students  would
be required to join an organization in order to graduate. That is probably
against some law, somewhere.

Wim