mini belts

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@noos.fr
Tue, 25 May 2004 21:49:03 +0200

In fact my problem actually is that I want to remove the last amount
of felt, during first filing as during the next ones.

Unless the hammers are monsters, I leave them the most of their weight
and interlocking, if not enough felt remain, so much needling is due I
tend toward leaving most in place and correct the tone as much as I
can without intensive shaping.

Isaac

You said :
Hi Isaac, It is no trick. Just a faster removal of felt, that is if
you have
the correct grit 50 or 60 and fresh paper. Then finish up with fine
grit
down to 240 or so.