Yamaha C7 tuning instability

A440A@aol.com A440A@aol.com
Thu, 17 Jun 2004 08:48:31 EDT

<<  Once after chasing
the pitch all through a tuning I repeated A4 for several minutes and
watched the pitch rise about 2 cents above the starting point then fall
about 2 cents below. This cycle kept repeating as I watched. Has anyone
ever seen such a problem? Did you find any solutions? >>

Greetings,
   Yes,  I see this often.  The HVAC system is throwing you off by blowing
air at a different temperature on the strings.  If you can carry a large blanket
to put over the lid and seal off the string area while you tune, you will be
able to get the thing to being in tune at one pitch level.  There is not much
you can do about where it goes after you finish, though.
Good luck,
Ed Foote RPT