Weighing Off by Balance Weight

Ed Sutton ed440@mindspring.com
Mon, 14 Jun 2004 19:05:56 -0400

Jim-
I hope you're not offended!
I did write you a few days ago, and thought I had your enthusiastic go
ahead before I published my letter on CAUT.
The use of sets of paired weights was my way of working out what your post
a few months back suggested, since you didn't mention a method for
accomplishing it. (I don't know what your technique or method is.)
Your understanding of piano technology is equally grounded in physics and
in your life experience as a piano technician.
At the conclusion of our month long CAUT discussion on "inertia," it seemed
that your contributions were the most useful, so I used them!
I look forward to your article.
Ed Sutton