Bobbling Hammers, Yamaha

James Ellis claviers@nxs.net
Mon, 19 Apr 2004 20:25:59 -0400

Thank you, Richard, Isaac, Jim B.  With only one Yamaha vertical on my list
that's doing this particular thing, my statistics are poor.  Nevertheless,
in light of what all of you have said, I'll take another look at it next
time I am over there, which will be in about a month.  I can understand why
you want a fix, not a re-design.  At the same time, I dislike the idea of
weak jack springs.

And on grands, I personally like the repetition spring strong enough that I
can just barely feel the kick when I release slowly and the hammer comes
out of check, but not enough to make it bobble.  That's just my preference.
 Some others will disagree.  I want to make sure the jack never gets hung
up in front of the knuckle.

Thanks again.
Jim Ellis