Coffee spill -- Update

Mon, 19 Apr 2004 22:25:45 +0200

David Ilvedson wrote:

>Richard,
>
>Well I'd say the "not likely" like happened...;-]   I've never seen cracks around a bridge pin from a spill...go figure.   I'd like to see some pics!

I tried to take some, but my digital doesnt do closeups well enough to
show them.  Actually... I've seen this kind of thing before and always
figured it was a natural result... tho I'll admit it doesnt happen all
the time.  Maybe the bridge not having any finish on it is a
contributing factor ??  Anyways... heres the best shot I managed..
perhaps you can just see the hairline cracks on the middle hole of both
pictured unisons.  This is the front edge.

>I wonder what would have happened if you had left the bridge pins in the bridge?

Thought crossed my mind as I was pulling them... I took as much care as
possible to pull them straight out so as too not stress the cap. Used a
small vice grips and turned them a bit  to free them up.  Actually... I
think I got to them just a bit too late.  Looks like I was about 30
hours after the deed was done.

>David I.

Cheers
RicB