Yamaha bobbling

Sat, 17 Apr 2004 22:16:13 +0200

Hi Ron, and list

Nice points made here, and I can go a long ways down the road to
agreeing with the issue of pressing through lettoff correctly. On both
uprights and grands for that matter.

That said there are several things that can cause a borderline
pianist/piano combination to uncessessarilly suffer from this bobbling
condition that can be easily enough addressed without compromising the
actions power and control. Several of these have already been mentioned
and many of these easily fall into what most techs would allow for as
<<reasonable, yet not critically PERFECT>> regulation.

Most of that is found looking at what parts are doing what at that last
2-3 mm of keystroke, and much of the rest of it has to do with friction
issues.  But I agree that finding real bobbling problems in Yamahas on a
regular basis is not something I run into often.  Quite the opposite, I
find Yamahas by and large to be one of the most problem free out of the
box, most stable long term instruments available.

Cheers
RicB