Baldwin warranty / 743 question

Sat, 17 Apr 2004 12:21:52 +0200

Thanks to those who responded. Guy, Lawrence, and others.

Fred, I wasnt personally bashing Baldwins.  I dont really like
manufacturer bashing of any sort, tho I can recognize that many of us
have issues with certain piano makers.  I was more curious as to the
comments I've heard increasingly that come off pretty negative sounding,
and was beggining to wonder if it had been better or not for Baldwin to
have simply passed on into the history books instead of whats happening
now since the Gibson takover.

Guy... I grew up with a Baldwin Acrosonic like you mention.  As I began
my tuning carreer I quickly came to wonder why so many other pianos of
similiar size and type were so very inferior in so many ways. The
Acrosonic stayed stable and tuned easily and had a minimum amount of
action problems for a spinet, while most of the competition were simply
a big turn off to have to work on.  But thats a long ways back now.
Whats been produced these past 15-20 years has been perhaps a bit
different qualilty wize ??...

Thanks again.

RicB