short short prop

Tim Coates tcoates1@sio.midco.net
Fri, 16 Apr 2004 10:21:03 -0500

Wim,

My singers have made a prop that you ask about.  They took a block of=20
wood and covered it with black felt.  They also put a sign on it, "Do=20
not remove from piano".  I don't care if it is in there.  Doesn't cause=20=

noises.  Very sturdy and doesn't mar.

Tim Coates
University of South Dakota
Universtiy of Sioux Falls

On Apr 16, 2004, at 9:53 AM, Wimblees@aol.com wrote:

> Performers, mostly students, using the=A0B in our recital hall don't=20=

> want the lid all the way down, but also don't want it up about a foot=20=

> with the short prop that comes standard with this model. So they are=20=

> using a black board eraser to prop up the lid about 4 inches. It=20
> doesn't look "bad," but last night, as I was sitting there looking at=20=

> it, I got to thinking there's got to be a better way. Short of making=20=

> a short prop out of wood,=A0painting it black and attaching it =
somehow,=20
> do any of you have any suggestions. (be nice).
>  =A0
> Wim
>  Willem Blees, RPT
> Piano tuner/technician