A 440 Standard (PS)

Ron Nossaman rnossaman@cox.net
Wed, 14 Apr 2004 16:04:05 -0500

>Now:  On the practical side:  Many times I have been tuning a piano in a
>cold church, and someone will come in and offer to turn on the heat for me.
>  I will tell them "NO, thank you.  Please leave it just as it is.  I don't
>want the temperature changing while I'm tuning the piano".

And on the realistic side, neither sharp sticks, guard dogs, nor automatic
weaponry will keep most of them from doing you that service of turning on
the heat anyway (so they can vacuum). Just like nothing you can say will
prevent the lady of the house from opening the drapes, putting the sun
directly in your eyes, and the interior of the piano in deepest shadow.

It's genetic.

Ron N